Lake Cowichan Railways
This exhibit features the history of Cowichan Lake railways such as the Lake Cowichan Subdivision of the E&N Railway, and the history of the various locomotives, rolling stock, and stations in the region.
This exhibit also features a variety of physical items from the period such as luggage scales, ticket stubs, and old telephones and typewriters.
This exhibits display the history of European settlement in the Cowichan Lake region beginning in the late 1890s and running until the early 1900s. Primarily focusing on what the home would look like.
These displays recreate an example of the general stores and post offices that would have existed in early 20th century Lake Cowichan.
The Mill Room features photographs, artifacts, and the history of the major mills in operation around Cowichan Lake.
Built in 1956, the museum grounds contain the Mesachie Lake School, renovated and preserved for museum use.
WW2 and Lake Cowichan
This exhibit details the history of the RCAF within the Lake Cowichan area, including information and artifacts related to the numerous crashed planes found over the decades around the lake.
Main Lobby Displays
The main lobby is home to several displays relating to the history of Lake Cowichan and the surrounding region such as an exhibit on the various groups and organizations that existed over the decades.
External Exhibits and Rolling Stock
Exhibits range from a Shay locomotive used by Comox Logging and Railway Co., to a variety of freight and passenger cars. In addition there is a variety of logging and mining equipment spread throughout the site.