top of page
The Kaatza Historical Society was established in 1975 with the goal of preserving and cataloguing the history of Lake Cowichan and the surrounding area. The Museum and Archives currently occupy the restored building previously used as the CP train station, originally built in 1913.
The museum contains a variety of exhibits dedicated to the history of Lake Cowichan and the forestry industry that has been a significant part of the region's development. In addition, the museum archives contains records and other items pertaining to the history of the IWA Union and its local chapters.
bottom of page